We are currently not hiring any associate lawyers.
Giesbrecht, Griffin, Funk & Irvine LLP (“GGFI Law”), a full service law firm based in the heart of downtown Kitchener, is seeking a law clerk/ legal assistant to join our corporate law department.
- Word Processing that involves: transactional agreements, corporate resolutions, correspondence, drafting and filing forms, annual minutes, memoranda, and meeting materials;
- Performing general clerical duties, including filing, scanning, photocopying, preparation of expense reports, and scheduling appointments;
- New client screening and gathering client information;
- Managing corporate/commercial files;
- Liaising with external clients and internal staff on administrative issues; and
- Tracking diarizations.
Required background, knowledge and skills:
- Superior organizational skills;
- Attentiveness to detail;
- Excellent computer skills including, with proficiency entire MS Office Suite. Experience with with Oncorp, PCLaw, and Corplink is an asset;
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage a large number of time-sensitive tasks; and
- Ability to creatively problem-solve, while working both independently and with colleagues to determine how best to complete assigned tasks.
GGFI Law is proud to offer its employees a team oriented working environment, the opportunity for professional development for motivated individuals, compensation in the range of $30,000 to $40,000 and benefits.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please email your resume to GGFI Law to the attention of Cidalia Sousa firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (519) 579-8745 by no later than August 20th, 2018.
Why Consider Waterloo Region?
Kitchener lies at the heart of Waterloo Region, a fast-growing metropolitan area of nearly 500,000 only an hour's drive from Toronto. Home to two universities (Waterloo and Wilfrid Laurier) and one college (Conestoga), top-notch cultural amenities such as the Centre in the Square and the famous annual Oktoberfest celebrating the area's German heritage, "K-W" combines the affordability, charm and lifestyle of a mid-size community with the business and career opportunity of a larger center, offering the best of both worlds.
The Student Experience
Giesbrecht, Griffin, Funk & Irvine LLP offers a wide spectrum of legal experiences for students pursuing either summer or articling positions. The Giesbrecht, Griffin, Funk & Irvine LLP experience includes exposure to such areas as Civil Litigation, Family Law, Wills and Estates, Small Claims Court, the Landlord and Tenant Board, and Real Estate & Corporate/Commercial transactions. Carriage over Small Claims Court and Landlord and Tenant Board files allows students the opportunity to interact with clients, firm lawyers, opposing counsel, as well as the judiciary, and to gain invaluable hands-on legal experience. Our students appear before such judicial bodies as the Ontario Human Rights Commission, Provincial Offences Court, Small Claims Court, the Landlord and Tenant Board, motions and assignment court for the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, and arbitrations.
Giesbrecht, Griffin, Funk & Irvine LLP’s lawyers and staff provide a co-operative and helpful working environment to foster students’ legal development. Giesbrecht, Griffin, Funk & Irvine LLP views all students as not only potential future associates, but as potential future partners who can share in and contribute towards the ongoing success of the firm. Our students participate in monthly lawyers meetings to learn about the inner workings of a medium sized Southwestern Ontario firm. Your feedback is vital in the ongoing effort at Giesbrecht, Griffin, Funk & Irvine LLP to continually enhance the summering/articling experience.
Giesbrecht, Griffin, Funk & Irvine LLP embraces community involvement, striving to provide work-life balance for all of their employees. If you are interested in summering or articling opportunities with Giesbrecht, Griffin, Funk & Irvine LLP, please feel free to contact us.
Accommodation is available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process.